Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fact: I believe in signs

             Though I don't always know what they are signing to. Perhaps I think its a sign, but its just a coincidence? Have you ever felt that way? Is that "happenstance"? Or "Serendipity", thats it... In any case,  I am wondering if I am in the midst of a sign. In the past few weeks I have gotten 2 new friend requests on Facebook. Just when I think I have got every friend ever befriended, a new one pops up! I love that. Its silly but opening it, and waiting to see who it is reminds me of going to check for eggs when I was little. I was always so anxious and excited to see if the chickens had laid eggs, once I saw them it was SO exciting !!!.
           I opened the first request and it is from my sister Elise's dearest friend growing up, Lavonne (Vonnie). They were like peas and carrots to say the least. If Elise was there, Vonnie was there and vice versa. Most of the time I was there too! My sisters were my idols and my mom made take me everywhere, much to there chagrin. I loved when my sisters had to watch me because we ate terribly, watched soaps, rated R movies and listened to loud rock music. Many of those memories include Vonnie. Seeing her face brought back a flood of memories, then tears. But it was so exciting at the same time. Its hard after someone dies because all the friends in their life seem to go with them. I understand its awkward for people to keep in contact, I mean what do they say ? I get it. But they are missed.
          Today I get another request, this time from Elise's roomate when she passed away, Cheri. They were also very close friends who lived to gether since High school off and on as roommates. Cheri often came with when my sister would take me and my friends to concerts or I would spend days at their house dreaming I was a super cool girl on her own with two roommates. After my sister died she made an effort to take me places as Elsie would have, she even took me to see Metallica/Guns and Roses knowing that my sister would have totally done the same. The two of them had just taken my best friend and I to see Metallica less than a year before. After that Im not sure what happened, I imagine its just how time does. Creeping in and stealing away day afer day until you realize it has been years.
          So thats it. Is it some sort of sign? Is it just coincidence ? Is it my sister showing she is always near ? Is it a desperate need to want to know something significant from the beyond, to want to hold onto hope that they are lying in wait for you in Heaven? But then it couldnt be as in Heaven, because there would be no communicating with the living from what Im told. Then again, no one really knows for sure but God himself.ell that what I think anyway. I certainly dont know enough to speak on it, I only know that I hold on to that hope. Either way,sign or not. I am glad to see them both, happy, healthy, and not forgotten.

1 comment:

Koren said...

I believe in signs. Whether they are significant or just to make you think of the little things or memories. It has some type of purpose... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...