Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fact: Tennis Elbow hurts like a mother

                    I dont play tennis. Except once, in 1994 I believe. I was visiting my sister and her husband in Moscow, Idaho for the summer. He and I hung out during the day time and watched a lot of Wimbeldon that year. It seemed pretty stinking easy after watching it for so long. So we headed out,he had played and was going to teach me. Though after watching enough on TV it seemed I would need no teacher! Off  we went, racks in hand and a sleeve of balls. BALLS TO THE WALL for tennis !!! Turns out,  it aint as easy as Serena makes it look. In fact,  it is seriously hard ! My brother in law was pretty bummed to have such a sorry opponent, an opponent that can admit she could not hit even one, ONE, serve. Apparently something is to be said for training and practice, and not just seeing how its done on TV. That also goes for dancing I will have you know. American Bandstand made that $hit looks sooo easy and again, my body has a different plan for me.
         Here we are now in 2011 and I have tennis elbow. WTF? I dont know, apparently you can also get it from typing to much, who knew? Its a serious fire in the elbow and upper forearm region, at night when I want to sleep its like the fire of a thousand suns and it sucks hard. Anyways thats it, me, tennis elbow, no tennis. I got SERVED.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...