Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fact: I will never judge the way another persons toilet paper hangs

  I love reading PostSecret every week to see the new secrets people post. It makes me feel less alone in my weirdness, knowing that so many people feel similar to how I feel in certain areas but just keep it a secret. I myself am obviously more open with my weirdness and others just think I am crazy. I now know, they are just jealous because they are too embarrassed to show their own crazy and well that’s a cryin shame.

Anyways, this week one of the secrets was this : “I feel morally obligated to use the roll with the least amount of toilet paper” then an email response posted below it was this “ I judge people who put the roll on upside down”. (I would post a picture but I think thats illegal. You can check it out before Sunday-after that it disappears and shows new secrtes only in case you have never been to the site.Its fabulous by the way, a huge range of emotion, I love it.)

Its the email that got me. Can you believe he judges people for this? I have often heard the over/under argument but never participated. I always thought “Seriously, this is what people want to waste their breath on? Gimme a break” but after reading this, when I got home and sat down to take the kids to the pool, I realized; My toilet paper was UNDER.

Of course, as my mind does, the thoughts began to roll, if you will. What if this secret were sent in by an acquaintance of mine?  What if I invited them to a party, here they always thought I was fun and charming, then they need to pee and all of a sudden they come out of the bathroom with a whole new perception of who I am?
They certainly wouldn’t say "well we are leaving early because your toilet paper hangs wrong", no, they would just say they had to go and make up some stupid excuse. You know what?  Fine, I dont want to be friends with such judgers anyways! But it makes me so angry that I would never even get a chance to argue the fact that I don’t pay attention to such miniscule details ( I judge people who do, so there). To be perfectly honest,  I am just glad the TP got on the roll ! Hell, normally it would just being placed (carefully balanced)  upon the empty cardboard shell of the last roll. Because, up to now, everyone has been to lazy to change it. But, since it’s a party, we checked the roll and just threw it on. Willy Nilly. Never thinking we would be judged for having an under hanging roll!!! And what is the judgement anyways? Over = Sophisticated / Under = Squalor? What do they really think of under versus over hangers? Now I am going to have to participate in the next over under discussion to see what all the fuss is about even though I LOATHE the thought of it !!

To the morally obligated guy who started it all – I must tell you, I never use the roll that is folded into a triangle here at my work in the mornings after the fresh cleaning from the night before. I feel like it should be for the next gal, as if for some reason I am not good enough for the fancy folded roll. I treat my own self as a peasant! Must be some deep rooted childhood trauma...
From now on I vow to use the folded roll, I deserve to be treated good with fresh TP and not act as if I weren’t worthy damnt !! And I will continue to be flippant about my roll put on, I may even put up a sign in my bathroom letting everyone know that I don’t care, judge away !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...