Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fact: Yeah, I said it.

This head holds many thoughts. Not sure if most people have the same thing going on in their skeletal cavity. Perhaps they just know better than to say certain things aloud? I have to admit I often say things aloud I probably shouldn’t. Big Shocker huh? Here are a few reasons:
A. Laughs.
      a. I recently read a great quote that is totally me…. but I forgot what is was exactly dang it ! Something along the lines of this “I try not to laugh at myself, but we all know I’m hilarious” Getting laughs is a main highlight of being blessed with the gift of wit, timing, and sarcasm. Some may call it being a "smartass" but I believe its a gift.

B. To be Honest
       a. Someone has to keep it real. I like to state the obvious and I realize most people are just to scared to do it, so I will.
C. In case no one else thought of what you were about to say.
        a. Think about it, you could totally change the course of life! (depending on what it is you’re involved in at the time of course - not if your just pointing out a pepper in someones teeth.)
D. To piss someone off on PURPOSE.
     a. I do this a lot. Sometimes its the only way to get that Horse to buck there ass off !!

I know it seems mean. I understand the “If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing” and I do follow it to some degree. If I don’t have something nice to say, I usually can find a way to say it jokingly with just enough serious undertones to make the person receiving the truth think about it and realize after I have left that I was telling them the truth about something not so great. This may sound terrible, but it works. For example: “Girl you look so cute and look at those boots, I think I hear 1984 calling asking where they went !” Hahahaha) Okay that was just mean, I couldn’t come up with something to drive the point home, gimme a break.

                         Finally, I may have mentioned in previous posts that I am often surrounded by a person whom reminds me of “Penelope” from SNL. She literally has the answer to everything,  she is perfect,  she has done it all,  seen it all,  knows it ALL or knows someone else who does and all their stories as well. I really like to say things to piss her off  and/or make her shut up.

               Today she goes on and on about the sun after I mention my daughter wanting to go to a tanning booth - to which I said Heck no, but before I could even mention that I was not on board... she starts with the facts. Facts about tanning booths, skin cancer scares, sunscreen trivia, how she know this person that had this and that, her perfect skin tone and ways she achieves it, how she once took a trip to the sun and got the answers direct from the sun….. For crying out loud I want to strangle her!!!!!! NORMALLY, to anyone else I would listen attentively, be kind, interact, etc. But with her I am driven to boldly proclaim my love of the sun, then further to tell her how I will get a tan, how I wont EVER wear Sunscreen, and how I know for sure that I will NEVER get skin cancer. All just to pinch her fucking nerves, because her relentless perfection drives me batty!!!!

Just for the record: Skin cancer does scare me, I live in Arizona for Pete’s sake, I’m not an idiot. I am aware I am not immune to bad things. I do wear some sunscreen, but I also lean toward sun worship at times and take a burn like an idiot for the sake of tan sun kissed skin that may or may not harm me at some point in the future. I NEVER will let her know any of these things. And of course, I will continue to say what I mean and mean what I say without trying to be "mean".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU BE CRAZY!! and by the way (pulling a strand of my hair) I wrote this blog and it was bigger and the green popped out at you and..............HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love you, never stop saying what you mean and meaning what you say Dr. Suess :D HAHAHA
Hanna ;)

Koren said...

It really makes me feel good that I am not the only one who feels this way or thinks this way. So please keep up saying what you mean and meaning what you say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...